How to Setup a Computer for the Blind or Limited or Low Vision
AT Solutions This is a full service provider for the blind and low vision. They provide trainers, full computer setup and other adaptive technologies.
Here are the instructions on the Macbook:
- Hit the power button top right (has a bump)
- It will make a noise and then be a black screen but the courser is a large white arrow.
- Hit the Function button twice to turn on dictation, button left (has a bump) note, hitting the function button twice both turns it on and turns it off.
- Say "Open Microsoft Outlook"
- To read emails open the email enter button is on the middle right and has a bump, then hit ESC button once which is the top left button also has a bump on it. To spot reading hit the ESC button once again.
- To reply or reply to all, turn dictation on (Function button twice) and say reply, then dictate your reply and say Send.
- To Close, Say "Quit" and the application, for Outlook, Quit Outlook.
Hope this works for you!